Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twitter: a billion-dollar company that few trust

In this week's lecture, Professor Moore discussed the popularity of microblogger, Twitter. Although, the site is used by millions, the company has still not figured out a good business model to garner revenue. Companies have obviously jumped on the Twitter bandwagon to market themselves, but as you will see from the embedded article below consumers may not find Twitter a trustworthy resource outlet.

Twitter: a billion-dollar company that few trust

Shared via AddThis

I have a Twitter account, but I am still trying to figure out what the difference is between doing tweets and doing my status updates on Facebook. I do receive useful tweets from the people and companies I follow. I just need to work on deciphering myself from Facebook and Twitter, so I can gain the most from my social media sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment