Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Project Report, Week 9

I can't believe the quarter is almost over. Only two classes left. It's just flown by. We have so much to wrap up that it's a little overwhelming to think about.

Jen, Terry, Amanda, Brad and I met on Saturday to begin the editing process. Based on the storyboard and the script, we put together a rough edit of the volunteer video. I was pleased that we were able to put together this first version in a relatively reasonable length of time. On Tuesday, I showed up a couple of hours before my Portfolio class to clean up some of the edits from Saturday. Nicolette also helped by finding useful shots that we may use in the final version. We have asked Brad to provide the voice-over for Thursday's class, which I hope will make the video more cohesive. Our plan is to complete this element by the end of class tonight. Then we will meet this coming Saturday to finalize the video. I am hopeful with Amanda's editing expertise we can add the niftier elements like transitions, graphics, etc., which will help complete the video. It will be interesting to see how class goes tonight. We have a lot of folks who are interested in editing. I want to give everyone a shot, but it is going to be hard to take input from so many different people. We will see…

I also completed one element for the St. Joseph's graphic manual. I worked with the team last week, which helped me get a good feel of the design style that they wanted to achieve. I designed a fax cover sheet that I sent over last night. I'm totally fine if they don't use my design, but I'm glad I produced something for the team. I am also pleased that I spent some time working with them last week. I now have a better understanding of their design ideas and techniques. It was great to see Joe's first draft of the manual. It looks so professional, and I really think St. Joseph could get a lot of use out of the manual.

I am looking forward to tonight's class. I hope some of these open-ended questions like the portfolio writing assignment will be clarified. I'm a little considered that only a few people responded to Sarah's post. She obviously put some time into her rough draft, which definitely warranted our team's attention and opinions.

Until tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment