Thursday, May 13, 2010

Project Report, Week Seven

The quarter is moving along quickly. We only have a few weeks left to deliver our finished projects for St. Joseph's and City Farm. I have to admit that I am a little anxious. Last Thursday I agreed to take the video camera, so I could get more City Farm b-roll. Piush sent out a request to find other team members eager to use the equipment. For some reason, there seemed to be a hiccup between my willingness to shoot on Saturday and another's expectation for the week. There was a flurry of messages going back and forth on Friday (We're going...We're not going). At the end of the day, Michael, Piush, Terry and I met on Saturday. I appreciated Michael meeting us to deliver the tripod and provide us with useful suggestions on shots and how to approach the City Farm folks. We shot about an hour worth of footage which will hopefully be useful.

Our group has great ideas and has come up with some good mock-ups for signage and social media, but the video team seems to be sitting in limbo. I was concerned about waiting an entire week to come up with a final story board and then do the shooting, editing, etc. I'm glad we got some additional footage in the can. This week's class must be more productive. Duties should be assigned out to team members. I have the tendency to absorb too many responsibilities. I realized this last Friday, once the Basecamp messages began to roll in. I was trying to re-write the script, update the storyboard, develop a shot list, and create a talent release form. Plus, I want to contribute heavily in the editing process. Once I realized I was trying to take on all of these components, I thought, "Wait a minute. Let some of the other folks take on some of these tasks." So that is what I have decided to do. I will attend class tonight with the hopes that duties will be assigned to each team member.

I am also concerned about my contribution to the St. Joseph's graphic manual team. I hope Amelia and/or Joe can assign me a responsibility that I will be able to deliver. I'm afraid my responsibilities with both teams are going to be due at the same time, which may make it difficult for me to deliver. Hopefully, this week will give me the chance to forecast what I need to get done through the end of the quarter.

I am also a little anxious about the paper request that Michael has asked us to do. I hope I will have enough time to complete my contributions to both projects and deliver a paper not to mention finish my portfolio in my other class.

My contributions for this week include:
  • Shooting video at City Farm on Saturday from 11-1p
  • Develop a shot list
  • Create a talent release form


No comments:

Post a Comment